If you don’t exfoliate, you’re probably looking old and dull. Yup, old and dull! If you don’t exfoliate on a weekly basis, then your face is covered in dead skin cells that are collecting up on the surface of your skin. This takes away the radiance and creates a dull, lack-luster feel to the face. Plus, if you wear a foundation or tinted moisturizer, your foundation won’t lay smoothly on to the skin and make your foundation look cakey.
Here are 5 tips I share about exfoliating:
1. Exfoliate in the morning. At night, our skin repairs itself. The morning is the perfect time for scrubbing away those dead skin cells.
2. Don’t over-exfoliate or use a product with granules that can tear at the skin. For dry skin, exfoliate once or twice a week, and oily skin can exfoliate up to three times a week. Rub the exfoliator in a circular motion for 30 seconds, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. To save time, mix half your exfoliator and half your cleanser and clean your face in the morning.
4. Try exfoliating pads to take it to the next level. Two ingredients to look for specifically are glycolic acid, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and salicylic acids help with facial acne.
5. Don’t forget your lips! Mix sugar into olive oil and apply to the lips. The sugar crystals exfoliate the lips and the olive oil will hydrate.
Start the day off right! Take care of your skin and your skin will take care of you.