1. Use colorful eyeliners. Switch from your black eyeliner to some new colors like plum, olive green, or indigo. A black eyeliner may accentuate your eyes to a limit, but they make them look small and close the eyes because darker colors make the eye recede. Some colors, even brown, can be softer.
2. Ditch the oil slick. If you ever ran out of pressed powder or blot papers to touch up oils on the face, try this technique. Put an anti-perspiring deodorant on finger and dab under eyes and t-zone to help create a matte look. The deodarant controls oils and sweat, so it will mattify the face.
3. Go for sheer foundation. Adding aloe to foundation gives it amazing slip. Sheer out your favorite foundation by adding equal parts of foundation to aloe before applying. This will create a really softer dewy look to the skin.
4. Use lip balms over a matte lip color. I know you’re probably saying the purpose of using matte lipstick is to keep lips dry and non-shiny? Yes, that’s true. However, because they are so drying, after an hour of wear, the pigments break and the lips look really chapped and unflattering. A very small amount of lip balm will keep it looking picture perfect.
5. Highlight cheeks with eyeshadows. If you ever run out of blush, apply 2-3 even strokes of eyeshadow that’s a blush tone color such as a peachy pink on your cheeks in the daytime. Then use a lighter color like the color you would highlight your brow bone with and apply to the high planes of the cheeks. It adds a touch of glamour.
6. Apply a mix of mascaras. To make your lashes look drool worthy, apply one coat of lengthening mascara, and then top it up with one coat of thickening mascara. You might see clump starting to form, but remove them with an unused mascara wand. Your lashes will look like beautiful lash extensions.
For more makeup tips follow Eddie on Instagram and Twitter @eddieistalented