5 Black Business Women Under 30
Aug 23, 2012 | Comments 0
While the masses are taking the fast route to fame and fortune there a couple of women that are building empires so their names and wallets can weather any storm. No matter how these women got their start they are determined to pull out stops and make their dreams come true and the best part they are doing it under 30.
1. Techie, Corvida Raven is one of the few black women who Fortune 500 companies are chasing after due to her expertise in social media and technology. With a degree in computer science, Raven’s self-taught Google searching and troubleshooting, she has made herself an asset to these big brands. Technology, for the most, is a male dominated field, but Raven never feels out of place or intimated. She is the founder of the site shegeeks.net, which highlights the latest in gadgets, social media and mobile technology.
Follow Corvida on Twitter @Corvida
2. Nicole Garner, the head honcho at The Garner Circle, an Atlanta-based boutique public relations, lifestyle marketing and event execution agency, is a mastermind when is comes to PR. Upon graduating from F.I.T in New York, Nicole fell in love with fashion and beauty PR and now years later she can proudly say her company is one of the top PR firms in Atlanta. The Garner Circle is known for making the connection and Garner has a whole list of celebrities under her belt after only 7 years, names including Raheem Devaughn, Dj Drama, Big Boi of Outkast, Jessica White, Keri Hilson, Janelle Monae and more.
Follow Nicole Garner on Twitter @The GarnerCircle
3. Socio-politico digitalist, Lauren Delisa Coleman writes and consults the convergence of diverse Gen X, Y and hip tech platforms. Also, the founder of Punch Media Group, a digital branding and entertainment company, she has worked with names from Chuck D to Snoop Dogg. As one of the most prominent business women in the digital world it’s not surprise that she was featured in “Top 50 Fabulous Black Women” by BlackBusinesWomenOnline.com.
Follow Lauren Delisa Coleman on Twitter @Mediaempress
4. Party producer, video director, stylist and blogger, Vashtie Kola is a true entrepreneur that shines from behind the scenes and is constantly building her brand. Va$htie, ex-girlfriend of Pharell, has made her spot permanent in Hollywood with her fabulous celebrity-filled parties, her great eye for style working with brands like ‘Billionaire Boys Club’ and even in her work with music videos. As the Director of Creative Services, Va$htie was charged with re-vamping Island Def Jam. This behind the scenes, stylish chick is a friend among the celebs and a killer business woman, who has been making money since the age of 19.
Follow Vashtie on Twitter @Vashtie
5. The Southern Belle, Faith Jenkins was crowned crowned Miss Louisiana in 2000 and later, first runner-up to Miss America 2001, but she didn’t stop there. This beauty definitely had brains as she finished law school and practiced in New York at the Sidley Austin Firm for 7 years, when she began doing commentary. She then spiraled that opportunity into a another career in which appeared on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” “The O’Reilly Factor,” “Hannity,” Fox Business Channel’s “Lou Dobbs Forum,” “Your World with Neil Cavuto,” HLN’s “Special Report” with Vinnie Politan, truTV’s “In Session” and more.
Follow Faith Jenkins on Twitter @FaithJenkins1
Filed Under: Celebrity