5 Fashion Show Fails: Celebrity Clothing Lines That Never Made the Cut
Aug 22, 2012 | Comments 0
Is it just me, or does every celebrity try to take a step out of their field and fail miserably? Okay, not everyone fails, but celebrities have a bigger risk of making fools of themselves. For example, Amber Rose and Kim K trying to sing….fail. Other celebs take a more modest route such as fashion, but still walk away with an L. Here are 5 celebrities that failed miserably with their clothing lines.
1. No matter how much you love Jenny from the block, these clothes couldn’t even sell on the block. Her brand, “Sweetface” sold in the U.S. for 6 years and it never had a high point. In 2009 the brand called it a quits, stating it was going on “hiatus” while preparing “new fashion point of view,” it never did.
2. Although Sheree Whitfield landed her line, “She by Sheree,” in New York Fashion Week, it wasn’t enough to make the brand sell. The fired “Housewife of Atlanta” even blamed Atlanta for the failure of her line.
3. Simply put, Beyonce, you should leave fashion to your sister Solange. The line “House of Dereon” is a horrible flashback of Destiny’s Child/90′s/Rocawear clothing that nobody, I mean nobody, would be caught in it. I’d rather wear “Apple Bottoms” than “House of Dereon.” Just stick to singing Bey.
4. Eve was a riot when it came to rapping and even had a stint of success in acting, but “Fetish”…not so much. The line was completely trashy and distasteful. Only the ratchet of the ratchet would flaunt the “Fetish” line.
5. The sisters Vanessa and Angela Simmons made their debut in fashion with the Pastry line, which had a lot of success for the 15 and under crowd. However, when Vanessa Simmons tried to break away from her sister with her swimsuit line, Rose by Vanessa Jean it didn’t turn out so well. Her line debuted at Miami Fashion Week in July, but has yet to do anything else.
Filed Under: Celebrity