1. Tell us about your line.
My collection is sexy! It’s for the woman who loves to show her edgy side.
2. When did you realize you wanted to become a fashion designer?
During my first year of college in 2004 at my first fashion show.
3. How long have you been designing or making clothes?
4. What’s the most challenging part about being a new designer?
Product placement and opening accounts with buyers
5. Who are your fashion inspirations, and how have they impacted your line?
Wow, there are so many fashion designers that really inspire me. It’s really hard to name just one because each fashion icon has their own unique sense of style from colors, fabrics, draping and cuts. The ability of creating fashion that is your own sense of vision and style is what inspires me.
6. Describe your style in five words.
Sexy, bold, edgy, fitting and noticeable!
7. Describe the woman who wears B.Des?
The B.Des Collection is for the sexy, intelligent and strong-minded woman who loves to showcase her inner uniqueness.
8. What was the first article of clothing you ever designed?
[Laughs] I was attending a Nelly concert, so I purchased a St. Louis Cardinal’s jersey. I made the jersey into a sexy shirt by having some of the back out, and I took the sides apart and used shoelaces to hold it closed in a sexy kind of way.
9. What’s your favorite part about conceptualizing a design?
Picking the color scheme
10. Do you prefer sketching designs or actually constructing them?
Normally, I skip the sketching and go right to the constructing of the design.
11. What are some of your fashion goals, and where would you like to see your line, B.Des, in five years?
One of my fashion goals is to become a worldwide-known fashion brand. I would like to see my line participating in all of the major Fashion Weeks.
12. What has been your biggest accomplishment?
Creating a ready-to-wear collection from start to finish
13. Where can readers purchase your clothes?