Ray D is an L.A. based celebrity hairstylist with clients like Adrienne Bailon, Cassie, Jeannie Mai, Draya Michele, Tamera Mowry-Housley, Niecy Nash, RaVaughn, Amber Riley, and Sherri Shepherd. For each one of these gorgeous gals, he has created everything from the coiffed up-do to long breezy beach waves. Find out how to keep your own coils, curls and straightened hair health during the summer months
1. For the swimmers out there, keeping a great conditioner that moisturizes the hair as well as protects it is key.
2. For those of us who have drier hair, Biosilk provides moisture, shine and a little protection from the heat.
3. Use heat sparingly during the summer in order to keep your hair in healthy condition for the winter.
4. Another tip for the swimmers, never shampoo before swimming. Always do it after so that you can thoroughly wash away the chlorine.
5. Even in the summer, keep up with your regular trimming appointments to keep those split ends away.