This past weekend, Kerry Washington looked absolutely amazing at the 44th Annual Image awards, as she rocked her Oscar De La Renta dress, Kerry kept the dramatics to a minimum thanks to celebrity hair stylist Marcus Francis, using products from Carol’s Daughter.
Check out what he had to say about Kerry Washington’s look:
“Kerry’s Oscar de la Renta gown made a statement both with the pastel colors and the dramatic train. I wanted to keep the look soft and feminine, so having her hair half up with the clean texture created by the Carol’s Daughter products helped achieve that look while making it modern.”
To get the look, Francis:
- Blow dried the hair with a round brush, adding a few drops of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum to the ends.
- Flat ironed the hair from roots to ends to seal in the shine, adding in a small pump of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer after flat ironing to lock in added moisture.
- Sectioned out the top middle section, creating a clean part on either side of the head, then lightly teased a few sections at the front for height, and brushed using a Mason Pearson hair brush. Francis then blended the teased hair into the back of the head, keeping the sides clean and securing with two bobby pins underneath the hair on either side.
- With a 1 1/4″ size curling iron, Francis curled the ends of medium-sized sections and held for three seconds for added movement, brushing out to soften and break up any tendency the hair had to curl.
- Smoothed the hairline with a spritz of Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hairspray on a toothbrush-like finishing tool. Finally, Francis sprayed the entire head and finished with a final half pump of Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer on the curled ends.
Did you know? Washington was a double nominee for “Scandal” as TV’s first black leading lady in over 40 years, and received the prestigious President’s Award, given yearly in recognition of special achievement and exceptional public service.