The Benefits of Rocking the ‘Natural Hair’ Wig
Sep 24, 2012 | Comments 0
We all have natural hair envy. Solange Knowles has admitted that from time to time she rocks an afro wig… and isn’t Kelly Rowland’s big do’ just to die for? I’ve even resorted to rocking the big hair. Let’s face, if you can’t grow it buy it, right?
‘Going natural‘ is something to embrace but let’s be honest there are pros to giving your mane a rest for awhile.
- The hair is protected from UV rays and other environmental chemicals.
- Less manipulation equals less breakage and damage. Length! Length! Length!
- Versatility: allows you to change up your look from good girl to bad girl.
- Low maintenance. Less styling required equals more time to do the things you love.
- Since you’re not washing and shampooing weekly, knotting and shedding is minimized.
- Aim for hair that is close to your curl pattern. Wearing straight hair can damage your curls due to styling with flat irons and curl irons.
- Expose as little hair as possible.
- Make sure that the hair isn’t too tight, because it may cause permanent damage.
- Try to keep the style in for as long as possible. The longer you keep the hair in the more length retention. A period of 3-4 weeks or longer is good.
If you don’t know what style will work best for you check out this site that has styles from Beyonce to Rihanna. Click Here.
Filed Under: Hair