Ciara was spotted in Paris at Fashion Week for the Barbara Bui Spring/Summer 2012 ready-to-wear show yesterday in all black with a long sleek ponytail and extreme cat eye liner makeup. She kept the rest of her makeup simple with contoured cheeks and a nude lip.
This edgy cat eye is perfect to add some spice to your look and is easier than you think to achieve. All you need is patience, a steady hand, and some makeup remover to clean up any accidental smudges. Here’s how to get the look.
What you will need:
-Black gel eye liner (you can also use a liquid felt tip liner)
-Small angled makeup brush (choose one that has stiffer brush hairs for more control)
-Eye makeup remover or makeup remover towelettes (go for a remover that is oil free to prevent smudges)
-Q-tip (for any clean up to correct a line that’s not perfectly straight)
-Black pencil liner
How it’s done:
1. Make sure that your eye lid is cleaned and primed. This allows for seamless application and the smoothest cat eye possible.
2. Take your small angled brush and dip it into the gel liner pot. Starting from the middle of your lid, trace the upper lashes with liner getting as close to your lash line as possible. Starting from the middle of the lid allows for better control over the thickness of the line.
3. Continue to extend the line past the outer corners for a dramatic winged look like Ciara. Use small steady brush strokes instead of attempting to draw one continuous line.The tip of the wing should finish with a natural slight point.
4. Finish your cat eye by lining your eye from the inner corner to meet back in the middle of the lid. This area should be the thinnest part of the line.
5. Don’t stress over any smudges or uneven parts of your cat eye. Saturate your q-tip with your oil free makeup remover and gently remove any mess ups.
6. Complete your look by lining the inner rim of your bottom waterline with a black pencil liner, and topping it off with two to three coats of mascara. Keep the rest of your makeup simple with matte blush and a soft nude or pink lip.